Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Young Yossi


I have a six month old miniature schnauzer called Yossi whom I love dearly. I always had such a very close bond with him. He would always follow me wanting me to play. I have never been nasty with him, and would never dream of hitting him. If anything, I am not firm enough. Recently, he has started acting oddly. Over night, he just didn't want to know me. He comes to play, but as soon as I look at him, he walks away. If I try to cuddle him, he walks out of the room. If I give him a treat he will take it without eye contact, and go elsewhere to eat it. It is as if I have frightened him or something, and I just don't know how.


I live with my parents whom he is also very close to, and still appears to be. No one else seems to have noticed a difference. Can you help?
Angela T.
Hornsea, East Yorkshire, England.
__________________________________________

CHANGING THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS...IS NEVER EASY


Angela, you did not say your age, so I’ve no idea whether you are telling me about the family dog or your own dog. That distinction will bear heavily on why Yossi is acting this way.

By the very Law of Attraction, your actions are actually encouraging this behavior in Yossi. The more you reflect on something being “wrong,” the more “wrong” will seem evident. I have a strong feeling that you are focusing so intently on finding negative aspects to your relationship with Yossi, that you are actually manifesting what you don’t want.

I am not picking up anything alarming about this, and if you stop dwelling on what you see as “wrong” I feel you will see your relationship for the closeness that has always been there. I also suspect that Yossi has a lot of bosses and not one Mistress or Master. That energy will always cause a problem because it will confuse your pet.

Make some changes in your own energy so that Yossi does not pick up on it. If you want further outside assistance, I would enlist the services of a good dog trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment