Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Managing Madison


I am happy that I found your page its beautiful!! My name is Steve and I acquired a puppy from a kill shelter a few months ago. Her name is Madison and right now she is five and half months old. She is loving, loyal, and a bundle of energy. The only issue I have with her is she is timid of people and bigger dogs at times. She constantly barks at children, she seems fearful and aggressive with them. Can you shed any light on these issues? Thanks, Steve
___________________________

A LITTLE HELP FROM OUR FRIENDS...


I picked up a strong sense that sweet Madison is still feeling the abusive treatment from when she was much younger. Many people with small children bring home an animal and rarely consider the fact that it is not right for their children to pull tails, throw things or generally abuse the family pet. I fear this was the case with Madison. It will take a lot of nuturing from you, but if you introduce children and animals to her in small, slow doses, it might be helpful.

I strongly suggest you start watching Cesar Milan's Dog Whisperer show, as well as pick up some of his books. Also, think about having a trainer come into your life to help you with these very issues.

Take your time, and give Madison a lot of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment